Wednesday 15 January 2014

Research and Planning: Camera Technology

The camera that i am using to shoot this video is the 'Sony Handycam CX220'.

This camera is very versatile with what it can film. It is a small camera which is a positive as it can be carried around easily and held in hand to shoot with. When filming my video i will be using a tripod so the weight doesn't matter too much. I will be using a tripod as then there is no shaky footage. This will make the shooting look more professional. This cameras built in lens is very good quality. It is a wide angle lens. This is good as it will get everything in the frame. There is a disadvantage to this is that the edges may distort. I will need to think about this when framing my shots. I will be putting all the settings to manual. This will make it harder to film with but then i will know what settings to use for each shoot. I will keep the white balance the same. This is because if the white balance changes throughout the video you will be able to tell. This will look unprofessional. I will try change the settings so it has the lowest ISO but i'm not sure it is possible. Having the ISO the lowest it can will prevent the noise from the footage. The noise from the footage means that it wont have fuzzy parts, due to gramma correction.

Using a tripod i can also do panning shots. This will show of my ability of shot types. When shooting on my camera i'm going to have it on the highest quality setting, This is 1080/60p. This will make my video look the best it can. When shooting in better quality it will make the audience enjoy it more as they will think they have got what they paid for. I will be shooting this footage with a class 10 8gb SD card. 

The reason why i have pointed out this memory card is because it is class 10. When shooting video footage if the quality is over 480p you need a memory card over class 6 to actually capture the footage in that quality. So having this class 10 card will be able to hold the footage and keep it in the best quality possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment