Friday 15 November 2013

Research and Planning: My target audience

Motivation and Behavior

a.       Why do you watch films?

I watch films for many reasons. I manly watch them for entertainment. I will go see a film if I enjoy the trailer. The trailers are meant to draw you in so a good one can make me go to the cinema to go see it. I also come under the audience theories ‘Uses and gratifications’ and ‘Borrowed interests’. This is because I am into Freestyle skiing. I watch films that include this extreme sport. I watch these because this interests me. I also watch them as I can use them to try new tricks.
     
b.      What qualities attract you?

When looking for a film the actors draw me in. I will watch a film just because a certain actor is in it. For example I’m a big fan of Will Ferrell. I will watch the majority of films that he is in. I watched the film ‘Step Brothers’ as soon as it came out in the cinema. I watch films with him in because I find his comedy funny. His acting in the films he’s in is set for him; I don’t think there is any other actor that can play his part better. I watch some films just because of the company that made it. For example when I watch skiing films I watch the filming company Level 1. This is because they are the best in the market. They get in the best skiers for their films. When you purchase their films you know you will get a good film for the money you paid. When looking for films I also look at the directors and Photographers. I recently brought a film about skiing because the director of Photography was ‘Erik Seo’. He is my favorite photographer as his work is different to others and it is very professional.

c.       How do you consume films?

I consume films in many ways. I have a wide collection of DVDs, However i don't buy many dvds anymore. DVDs are good as they are very portable and can be taken anywhere. The quality is also very good. However i stream films more now. Streaming films of such sies as Netflixs is cheaper than buying dvds. The quality of these films are not as good as dvds (depending on your laptop) however it is worth the money. You can go online and have 1000s of films to watch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment